What I’m Reading Now
For those interested in what I’m reading now and planning on writing reviews for, keep reading! I’ve so many books I’m in the middle of, it’s unbelievable. I’ve also so many books that don’t belong to me, I need to read them and give them back. In the meantime, if you’re interested in or want to tell me your opinion on any books listed, please do! I love hearing other voices and discussing literature.
1. The Obsidian Pebble by Rhys A. Jones (page 130)
The first installment of Jones’ Artefact series, a young boy discovers the secrets of an old house after his mother decides to move them out.
2. Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex by Eoin Colfer (page 35)
Artemis is going through something weird, and only his friends can help him through. Meanwhile, they all have to save the underwater city of Atlantis. Can they do it together?
3. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, Volume I by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (page 130)
Sherlock Holmes and his friend John Watson solve mysteries together in London and other cities in England.
4. Her by Harriet Lane (page 49)
This is a psychological thriller about two women whose lives connect in the most unusual way.
5. War Storm by Victoria Aveyard (page 203)
The fourth installment of Aveyard’s Red Queen series follows Mare Barrow and her crew as the war for individuality and equality continues.
6. A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1) by George R.R. Martin (page 39)
This epic fantasy follows several families as they rise and fall in the caste system across the land of Westeros and beyond.
7. Extreme Makeover by Dan Wells (page 47)
This science fiction thriller follows the main character who works in the makeup industry and discovers new gene therapy that can clone human cells.
8. The Heroes of Olympus: The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan (page 430)
Slowly, Percy Jackson, Jason Grace and their friends are discovering what trouble the world is in, thanks to Gaea, the Earth Goddess of Greek mythology. Can they continue their quest to save the world, while a child of Athena attempts his or her own quest?
Here is a list of the books I want to start reading soon. Unfortunately, I have a tendency to change my mind quite often, but for now I think this list sums up my current wants pretty well. Please tell me if you’ve read any of them already! I love hearing the opinions of others!
1. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
2. American Gods by Neil Gaiman
3. Valiant by Lesley Livingston
4. The Red Garden by Alice Hoffman
5. The Last Werewolf by Glen Duncan
6. Warrior of the Wild by Tricia Levenseller
7. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
8. Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed
9. Frostblood by Elly Blake