[As seen in Creston News Advertiser, November 19, 2015]
The devastation of France has been written in blood all over the newspapers and cyberspace. The horrors that have occurred in that country, just one in a vast world of war, have brought out the true nature of humanity.
The United States and the world stand with France, as shown with the French colors overlaying profile photos on Facebook. But, what about Syria? What about every other country in the world we as Americans have forgotten to pray for or send thoughts to?
Continue reading Can anonymous really accomplish something?
Title: The Hunger Games
Author: Suzanne Collins
Series: The Hunger Games #1
Published: September 2008
Publisher: Scholastic Press
From: Shawna Freeman
The fourth and final Hunger Games film was released on the silver screen: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part II. Since I don’t have cable or Internet, I’ve been slow in learning when certain films will be released; this one is included. But, when I discovered it was showing at the Creston movie theater, I jumped back on the wagon I love so much and began devouring the Suzanne Collins novels.
Continue reading Book Review: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
[As seen in Creston News Advertiser, August 20, 2015]
Today is Aug. 20. Historical events for today include:
• the American Civil War ended in 1866,
• NASA launched Voyager 2 into space in 1977,
• in 1988, a ceasefire was agreed upon after almost eight years of fighting in the Iran-Iraq War,
• in 1992, American singer Demi Lovato was born,
• Hollywood starlet Kim Kardashian and NBA player Kris Humphries married in 2011,
• it’s World Mosquito Day,
• and it’s my parents’ 32nd anniversary.
Continue reading Girl on Fire: Happy anniversary